Ok here is the Heavy class... only, I'll update the rest asap :) the profiles have a clear influence from boats and warships because I have a design brief and a pretty good idea of the overall visual direction I'd like to follow. This is going to be an Emergency & Hospital spaceship.
![]() |
| simplified Heavy shapes |
Finally more silhouettes with the Medium class, basically this is a space-ambulance and there is an entire fleet inside the Hospitalship. I think I'll unfortunately pass this time for the Light class as I am still trying to figure out what kind of space platform/scooter I want (lots of researching).
And below is my 1st WIP model made in class after 4 or 5 crashes, I had to uninstalled and re-installed 3D coat. It's pretty unstable on my PC, especially if I am using the GL version which should work fine with my GTX 1070??? Anyways lots of fun and after checking out the voxel count and saving a lot, it works better, thanks André I can totally feel the potential of this pipeline!




ok reading the other comments I think there are too many little details (fence/poles) on the Heavy silhouettes. The ship is supposed to be quite big though but it's probably easier to add details way later in the process.
ReplyDeleteHey Thierry,
DeleteYeah those micro details wont show up really well once you first bring those silhouettes in 3DCoat. Its something that is super easy to add later on and it will look much better too. It has to do with the density of polygons for each piece. Its still good that you make a mental note of where those details would go but you will see really quickly what you can and cant get away with during the next class. Really like those sketches though they feel really heavy and sturdy. Cheers!
thanks I'll save one for the mental note and simplify those shapes then
ReplyDeleteHey Thierry, Im having some crashing issues as well with the latest version of 3DCoat. If you want a more stable version your can always try to download an older version.
ReplyDeletehttps://3dcoat.com/download/older-version/
Personally at work and at home still I use the 4.8.03 (GL64) release and its pretty stable. Lemme know if that works better for you.
Cheers!