Tuesday, 24 April 2018

Elaine - Week 2

Here is my assignment for the week, I tried to do as many as I can and I'm getting better and smoother with the controls. Although one of the things that slow me down is figuring out how to sculpt certain forms (e.g. cockpit) and adding some details. I probably used the least effective way to achieve the results I wanted lmao.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Elaine,
    Im glad you're getting used to the controls, that was really the point of this week's homework. The cockpit it a trickier part to do for sure, what would help you is maybe isolating it so you have more control over it and aren't afraid of cutting into other shapes. It might get easier when we cover other tools as well. What I would recommend is to spend a bit more time on your color/value breakup of your ship. If you're gonna use colors, try to make them fit together and if you're gonna use a single color maybe the skin shader isn't the best idea :/ Maybe take a look at Thierry or Martin's homework, they did a really good job on that part. Also dont worry too much about detail for now its gonna come later on, we're still on the sketching phase. Good work overall, you'll figure out better ways to get the shapes you want once you're more familiar with all the tools.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete